Gladstone Equestrian is proud to offer 5 weeks of Summer Camp fun in 2017, which are located at Sycamore Trails Stables in San Juan Capistrano. Each camper has the option of participating a full day or a half day. One day camps are also available and are great for kids visiting from other areas.
Give your child the gift of a fun filled summer camp that is sure to create cherished memories of horses, new friendships and lots of fun!
Our camp sessions are comprised of a limited number of campers. We believe that it’s a more comfortable and a safer environment for your children. Our main instructors are CPR certified and our junior counselors have had extensive training with horses.
- June 12 – June 16 (This week is full)
- June 19 – 23
- July 17 – 21
- July 24 – 28 (call first for available openings)
- July 31 – Aug 4th
- $650 per week for full day camp (9:00 am to 3:00) earlier drop off and later pick up is available
- $375 per week for 1/2 day camp (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) earlier drop off and later pick up is available
- $75 per day option for 1/2 day campers who would like to add on an afternoon or two
Day rates for campers who will join us for three or less days
- $150.00 per day for campers who would like to attend less than the entire week. (9:00 am to 3:00 pm) This is a great option for kids who are visiting from other areas and only have a few days to join us.
- $100.00 per day for campers who would like to attend less than the entire week. (9:00 am to 12:00 pm) This is a great option for kids who are visiting from other areas and only have a few days to join us.
Enrollment: You can register now to ensure a placement in the summer camp. Please email email@example.com, text or call 949-290-6436 to request an enrollment form.
Safety is our number one concern and this is why we limit our enrollment. It is important that each camper feels comfortable in a well supervised environment. Your child will learn how to properly handle horses on the ground and while mounted. The daily riding lessons are designed for our campers to learn proper control, improve their riding skills and gain confidence. The campers are matched to appropriate horses and lessons for their level.
The campers will have the opportunity to ride in both the english and western styles. We like to start our riders who are new to horses in a western saddle so they will have the benefit of a saddle horn and a deeper seat. ASTM-SEI certified helmets are required for all riders and are provided by Gladstone Equestrian for campers to use.
- grooming and bathing the horses
- saddling and bridling
- riding lesson
- basic horse care including anatomy
- learning about the various breeds and colors of horses
- art and crafts
- proper care of the tack (horse equipment)
- pizza party! (Fridays)
Each Camper should bring with them:
- Riding boots (recommended) or tennis shoes
- Bagged lunch for the full day campers
- Sunscreen (although most of our riding will be in a shaded covered arena)
Healthy snacks and water will be provided by the camp.
For more information Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
text or call 949-290-6436